KAF EMPOWERED WOMEN NETWORK
Kingdom Acts Foundation (KAF) Women Empowerment Program (WEP) focuses on raising the status of women through education, awareness, literacy, and training. We aim to Equip and Empower women to make the right decisions as they go through different life challenges. The Women Empowerment Centre (W.E.C.) also supports women in our community who face domestic abuse, discrimination, child-rearing difficulties, and other social limitations. The goal of W.E.C. is to help the women in our community emerge through life challenges successfully while Evolving into bold, confident, secured and thriving women of purpose!
The Empowered Women Network/W.E.C. is strategically positioned to utilize and harness all talents, gifts and resources to build up women in the community. We intend to achieve these goals by pursuing the following objectives:
- Educating women about life issues such as relationships, finances/business, health and parenting, e.t.c, through our Empowerment workshops/seminars.
- Equipping our younger generations with life skills to grow and mature personally and professionally through mentorship and coaching (Young & Brave and B-Youthful program).
- Engaging women to support other women and children in the community that are hurting, women in shelters, homeless women, single mothers, e.t.c. Our Women’s Support Groups will provide psycho-education and support to women who have experienced trauma, violence, sexual assault and abuse in relationships. Women have the opportunity to network and connect with other women (H.O.P.E )
- Empowering women and girls who seek to improve their leadership skills and become great influencers in our community and nation. (Empowered To Mentor). We foster women’s leadership and advocate for inclusive leadership.
- Establishing and providing a safe and secure environment for women and their children who are leaving abusive relationships or at risk of experiencing violence and otherwise unsafe living conditions. Abuse can be physical, emotional, sexual, financial, psychological, or verbal. We also aim to provide services such as emergency shelters and housing support and help women rebuild their lives after abuse, sexual assault and exploitation.
E.W.N. may also provide the following support:
- Emotional and practical support
- Walk-in Crisis Support
- Referral Support to other agencies
- Pregnancy Outreach
- Parenting Support/Information
- Healthy relationship education for families
- Support in securing safe housing (Transition and B.C. Housing)
- Support with applying for Financial Assistance (Income Assistance, Rental Assistance and Child Care Subsidy)
- Job Skills & Re-entering the work field.
- Support for Children who witness violence.
- Providing child sponsorship to the less privileged/Orphanage
EWP Blog: http://www.empoweredwomennetwork.com
It’s Time to Make This World Better
Kingdom Acts Foundation (KAF) … Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion! – Bringing the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of colour) Communities Closer to Mainstream Social Services Delivery and Programming!
©2022. kingdomacts. All Rights Reserved.